Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hope

The softest lips I’ve ever kissed,

The sweetest touch I’ve ever felt,

The sweetest dream I’ve ever had,

The hope that I thought I’d lost,

You gave it back to me.

The butterflies in my stomach,

The excitement that ran through my mind,

The possibilities that I thought were endless,

The dream I’ve always had,

You gave it back to me.

The perfect image,

Perfect fit,

Perfect smile,

Perfect look,

You took it away from me.

That mentality I craved,

That spirit I longed for,

That carefree mindset,

That sincere and sweet song that was playing in my head,

You took it away from me.

But maybe it’s for the best,

You put my love to the test,

And showed me that he was still out there,

Even if he isn’t you,

You brought that to me.

Maybe some day,

When we’ve grown,

Our way of thinking may coincide,

So that feeling that we felt before,

Will come again and last this time,

If we are meant to be,

I know that….You will come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment