Saturday, December 20, 2008

I remember Mummy!

I see myself as a women who knows where she is going and will never forget where she came from..I remember as a little girl growing up on the island and how i would walk on the beach barefoot and eat mangoes on the rocks..i had the best childhood ever..My life was carefree and never complicated. The highlight of my day would always be when my mom came home from work and i would rush to the front door to greet her.

I would leave for primary school in the morning and the kids would tease me about how dark my skin was and the fact that i was always polite. But the highlight of my day would always be getting home to mummy. In high school the teasing stopped and I was growing into a beautiful girl. I became more intelligent, confident and ambitious. But still the highlight of my days was seeing my mother. Because of her I am a strong individual and have direction. Our long drives to the airport and to the end of Murphy Town will always be one of the greatest moments in my life. My mom knew that it was important to spend time with me and I appreciate her for doing that. We had the best mother-daughter relationship ever. Even though we had our disagreements (not often) and it was hard for her to let me go, it was nice to know that someone truly cared. My mom's motto was to "Live everyday like it is your last because tomorrow is promised to no one". She taught me how to live, laugh, love, be strong and have fun. Even though she was a small women, she had a BIG heart and a heart of GOLD it was. I know that sometimes i am not that nice of a person but i try my best. I try to be like you mummy in so many ways but sometimes I fail....I remember cooking stew fish and getting upset when it didn't look the way it did when you cooked it. People say its amazing how I've grown and there is no one there for me. I say its because of my mummy that i am the person that i am and i will always have her here with me if not physically but spiritually. You told me I would miss you when your gone and you were right I sure do. And it hurts. So many things I have accomplished that I wish you could see. I wish you could see "Your Child" as you always called me. I wish you could see your Terrinique. As I get older and some day have a child of my own. I hope I am just as good of a mother as you were to me. I will let my little girls know every detail about you and i hope they look just like you.

Every step that I take will be In remembrance of "Margaret Tomisina Lavanda Swain- Meeres."

No comments:

Post a Comment